Shell Island Dolphin & Snorkel Cruise – Panama City Beach
- 3 Hour cruise
- $40+tax for Adults (Ages 13 & Up)
- $30+tax for Children (Ages 3-12)
- $10+tax for Youth (Ages 0-2)
- Price includes snorkel gear. Feel free to bring water shoes.
*** CLOSED THE REMAINDER OF 2018 DUE TO HURRICANE MICHAEL. WILL REOPEN PROMPTLY IN 2019. ***
Shell Island Snorkel & Dolphin Cruise Details:
The “Shell Island Snorkel & Dolphin Cruise” is approx. 3 hours of fun in the sun! First, you’ll cruise to the beautiful St. Andrews Bay where we will find the day’s best spot based on conditions and clarity. The boat will anchor in approximately 5 feet of water where you can snorkel for seashells and catch a glimpse of the underwater world, learn about local sea-life, or just relax and float while you take in the sun. You can also wade through the shallow water onto Shell Island to hunt for shells or try out the stand-up paddleboards. The water slide can be fun access into the water or just take the staircase! After spending about an hour at Shell Island the catamaran will take you on a leisurely cruise out to the Gulf of Mexico to look for wild dolphins! (Please read dolphin disclaimer below.) We always hope the conditions will line up just right so we are able to do all of the above, but the itinerary is based on the weather and conditions for your safety and enjoyment. This cruise is just as laid-back and relaxing as it is fun, with upbeat music playing and games and dancing on our way back to the dock. So let loose and let the experienced captain and crew show you some Island Time fun!
Special Note: Please plan accordingly, we do not allow smoking onboard the boat.
- Please plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to departure time.
- If anyone in your group needs to cancel please call the office, we must be notified 24 hours prior to receive a refund. If you or anyone in your group does not show up you will not receive a refund and will not be eligible to reschedule.
- All cruises are subject to cancel due to capacity minimums. If you are unable to reschedule you will be refunded.
- Plan to come wearing your swimsuits and pack a beach bag with towels, hats, cameras, sunglasses, and sunscreen (no aerosol sprays).
- Also, we sell beer, wine, sodas, water, chips, candy, etc. However we do not offer lunch-type foods, so if you’d like to bring on sandwiches you may do so, just NO DRINKS, NO COOLERS.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
If it seems a storm is approaching, the crew and office staff keep watch on the radar and discuss options. If you are nervous about inclement weather you can cancel and reschedule at any time, but cancelling the cruise is usually a last minute decision. It is highly recommended that you let the Island Time management make the call. If a trip is cancelled due to bad weather you will have the opportunity to cancel, reschedule, or be refunded.
Disclaimer About Dolphins
The dolphins are wild animals in their natural habitat, they are not in tanks or netted areas. It is highly recommended that you wear polarized sunglasses to cut the glare on the water to be able to better see the beautiful wild dolphins. It is pretty rare for us to not see the dolphins.
We love our local dolphins and want them to flourish for future generations to enjoy. We wish they would be as excited to see us as we are to see them! But unfortunately, that would mean that they are being fed by people on boats, which is not only illegal, but ultimately dangerous for the dolphins.
These are wild animals in their natural habitat doing what they want to do. Our encounters observe them on their terms and depend on what they are doing and their mood. Encounters happen pretty often; however, there is no way that we can guarantee it. We are bound by the laws of The Marine Mammal Protection Act of 1972 and subsequent amendments, in addition to the laws of the State of Florida. We are not allowed to feed or harass dolphins, so we don’t and are very strict about that. Thank you for understanding.
**Online bookings only available up to 2 hours prior to departure time.
Afterwards, please call (850)234-7377 if you want to go today.**